when you know a word in english but not your native language
when there’s no english equivalent to a word from your native language and vice versa
accidentally switching between your native language and english in a sentence
hearing someone speak your native language when you’re on vacation on some weird ass country
So yeah I can see how many fingers you’re holding up
THIS IS VERY ACCURATE
THIS IS VERY BEAUTIFUL
Is this accurate? Is this what it’s actually like to not be able to see clearly?
yep. I remember it being like this.
haven’t worn my glasses in a while. i’ll have to see how weird i can look taking them on and off in public.
Reasons you need to stop what you’re doing and start watching Steven Universe immediately:
- - It was created by Rebecca Sugar, who formerly worked on Adventure Time, and is the first EVER female-created show in Cartoon Network history.
- - Three awesome female superheroes, all complex and flawed.
- - Steven himself, also complex and flawed.
- - DIVERSITY and DIFFERENCE. An animated world where not all the characters are white is a bigger deal than it should be in 2014. Likewise an animated world that recognises unique family structures (Steven lives with the Gems instead of his father) and body diversity. All the Gems—who again are female superheroes—have very different body shapes, and one is not portrayed as “better” than any of the others.
- - The songs! Like, if you can listen to this & not get it stuck your head for ages afterwards, you are a robot.
- - Pearl = me. I tried to ignore it, but then she blew a fuse while explaining how ridiculous a swordfighting movie was, and realised that I do the same thing when my friends try to explain to me that the chupacabra is real.
- - That has happened more than once.
- - CHUPACABRA IS NOT REAL THAT IS TOTALLY INSANE.
Basically: watch this show. It’s super great.
it bothers me that Kansas and Arkansas are not pronounced the same
I’m from the UK and I have been pronouncing Arkansas as Ar-Kansas my whole life
For all my non-american friends, Arkansas is pronounced ark-an-saw
Today in Solidarity: Family of Mike Brown join protesters outside of STL Courthouse, demanding the immediate arrest of their son’s killer, Officer Darren Wilson.
The grand jury has yet to charge Darren Wilson with anything. Mike Brown’s killer is still a free man, being paid by the taxpayers of the very community he’s terrorized. #staywoke #farfromover